Introduction to Insurance
Full Day Course
If you are interested in this course and would like to request more information, please contact us using the form below.
Providing a broad overview of insurance to those who are new to the field.
This one-day course is ideal for delegates new to the insurance profession, providing a broad overview of the insurance market and the underlying principles involved.
What is Covered
• Risk and insurance
• Terminology and fundamental principles - insurable interest, disclosure, indemnity, subrogation, contribution and proximate cause
• Main classes of business
• Policy structure
• Legal and regulatory issues
• Explain the origins of insurance and why people purchase it
• Describe the factors involved in assessing and pricing a risk
• Outline the key legal principles of insurance
• Explain the structure of the UK insurance market
• Outline the structure and content of a typical policy
• Provide a summary of the current regulatory structure and future changes